Office Closed Until Further Notice due to COVID-19
INFORMATION AS OF MARCH 17 at 3pm.
The university is committed to doing everything possible to promote the safety of our community as we respond to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). One of the best ways to prevent the spread of viral illnesses is to minimize the circumstances in which individuals might interact and transmit the disease. The university has requested that employees telework, hold meetings virtually, or postpone them.
The safety of our community is our top priority. We realize that our COVID-19 policy guidelines will cause disruption, but the risk of not acting outweighs the inconvenience of these temporary measures. We will share updates as more information becomes available.
Learn how we’re working to keep our communities safe at wexnermedical.osu.edu/features/coronavirus.
All staff will be working remotely and can be reached by email or by calling our main phone line: 740-852-0975
- Arlene Duffey (Office Associate), email@example.com
- Frances Nicol (4-H), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Griffith (Ag & Natural Resources), Griffith.email@example.com
- Deetra Huntington (SNAP-Ed), firstname.lastname@example.org
For 4-H Families and Clubs needing project books...
Our office will be open through 5pm on Wednesday, March 18 for you to order books. Please contact us ahead of time so we can get them ready for you! After the 18th, you can purchase books online via https://extensionpubs.osu.edu/ and have them shipped to you!
For 4-H Club Advisors turning in Club Activity Fees...
Please mail your 4-H Club activity fee form and check to the Madison County 4-H Committee at PO Box 893, London, Ohio 43140 by March 31st.
For 4-H Club Advisors turning in charter checklists, permission to participate forms for dogs and horses, etc.
4-H Enrollment Deadline...
We extended the deadline online to March 20th via oh.4honline.com. You should still be able to enroll online. If you have issues, please let us know! We are happy to help walk you through the process. Visit go.osu.edu/JoinMadCo4H for more information on enrollment.
Dates and Changes...
- *Club Meetings: All club meetings, fundraisers, community service, etc. should be help virtually, postponed, or canceled from March 12 through April 20
- The 6 meeting per Club requirements are still in place. You can include meetings through December 31, 2020
- Frances will be contacting each organizational advisors in the coming weeks to create a plan for each 4-H club
- Some options for virtual meetings include: ZOOM, Google Hangout, Big Blue Button, Go 2 Meeting, or even Facebook live updates! Contact Frances to learn more.
- The deadline for club activity fees is March 31st. Please send to the Madison County 4-H Committee at PO Box 893, London, Ohio 43140
- ASE Hosted Quality Assurance – March 19 – CANCELLED (registrants should have received notification from ASE)
- Sewing Fabric Clinic at Jo-Ann’s - March 19 – POSTPONED (date TBD)
- Poultry Clinic - March 29 –– VIRTUAL/RECORDED MEETING (Details will be sent to poultry exhibitors)
- Shooting Sports Safety Meeting - March 31 –– CANCELLED (Shooting sports project members will receive safety instruction from their individual discipline instructors the first time they meet with them as we have done in the past – after April 20)
- *Junior Fair Board Meeting – April 1 – VIRTUAL (members should have received a link)
- *Camp Counselor Meeting – April 8 - VIRTUAL (counselors will receive a link to join Zoom)
- *Heritage Show Ring Success Seminar and Quality Assurance– April 11 - CANCELLED
- *Quality Assurance – April 14-16 - POSTPONED
- Pizza Kit Orders – Due April 16th (as scheduled – deliver is week of May 4). You can also sell via the online link at pizzakit.com and our fundraiser ID: 374461
- Poultry Broiler Orders due online by April 15th. Click here for the form.
- Mail payment by check payable to OSUE, 217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
- Camp Counselor Meeting – April 22 – as scheduled, watch for updates
More information about additional Quality Assurance opportunities will come soon once we know more!
*Please note – It is up to the Senior Fair Board to make the determination for fair-related activities and committees.
What about Livestock Quality Assurance and Animal Possession Dates?...
For our livestock project members and families, Ohio 4-H and the Ohio Department of Agriculture discussed some changes for this year that will help mitigate the effects the corona virus is having on holding in-person programming. For livestock quality assurance (QA) for the 2020 year only:
- QA must still be completed before the opening day of exhibition, however the 45-day prior to the opening of the exhibition requirement will not be enforced.
- Youth livestock exhibitors (8-18) may take the online YQCA certification (contact our office for more information)
- Test out options for ages 12-14 and 15-18 are currently available to schedule after April 20 by appointment only. Please note that they may need to be postponed as we get more information.
- *Our office will work to reschedule QA options once we know more information. Stay tuned.
Livestock Ownership deadlines: As of now, the ODA still requires that all market livestock projects be in your possession by May 1st for Madison County (market goats, sheep, hogs). Market broiler orders are still due April 15 via the online order form with pick up on May 21st from 2-6pm.