4-H Advisory Committee
The Madison County 4-H Advisory Committee serves a major purpose and function is to work with the County Extension Staff and local 4-H program in determining the needs and direction in concert with state and national policy by:
- Helping analyze the needs and interest of all county youth 5 to 19 years of age.
- Helping to insure a balanced program in regards to all potential clientele, including adults and youth on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard to age, ancestory, developmental disability, gender identity or expression, military status, national origin, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Assisting with planning, evaluating, and recommending of 4-H educational experiences, methods, and programs related to Community Development, Family & Consumer Sciences and Agriculture & Natural Resources that will meet the needs and interest of those youth; and reviewing the program to assure that a balance of content/curriculum is offered.
- Assisting in the recruitment and development of leadership to work with the 4-H program.
- Seeking local financial resources as needed to conduct, promote and expand the 4-H program.
- Assist in developing methods to recruit youth, volunteers, Key Leaders, and 4-H committee members.
Currently, 4-H Advisory Committee meetings are open to local 4-H Families, volunteers and community members. it is highly encouraged for club representatives to come and propose ideas or voice direction in 4-H programming. If you have questions please contact Frances Nicol, 4-H Educator at email@example.com or 740-852-0975.
Upcoming meeting dates: (Meet at the Madison County Extension Office in the Conference Room at 6:30pm)
- March 4, 2019 - 6:30pm
- May 6, 2019 - 6:30pm
- June 3, 2019 - 6:30pm
- August 5, 2019 - 6:30pm
- October 7, 2019 - 6:30pm
- November 4, 2019 - 6:30pm
Click on date for meeting minutes
- February 11, 2019
- Judy Gallimore, President
- Heather Mayabb, Vice President
- Jenny Sweet, Secretary
- Kevin Clemmons, Treasurer