Non-Livestock Project Updates and Resources
Be sure to review the Madison County Jr. Fair Book for specific fair rules, dates, and guidelines
Special Interest, Nutrition, and Clothing Judging Information
- July 8, 2023, Della Selsor Building, 12:30-5:30pm
- 2022 Special Interest Judging Packet (Coming Soon!)
- All youth will be assigned a specific time for judging. Emails will be sent late-June with details
- ACCOMODATIONS REQUEST: Fill out a Winning 4-H Plan for and send to the Extension Office to request accomodations for your child (extra time, read aloud, etc.)
- What can you expect at project judging? Check out the video below to learn more!
SPECIAL INTEREST AUCTION
All youth exhibiting a special interest project that are NOT selling a livestock animal in the Jr. Fair sale have the option to auction off an item related to your special interest project! The form below must be turned in at the time of judging check in and has the additional rules listed.
- When: Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 5:00pm (check in at 4:15 with item and get photo taken)
- Where: Della Selsor Building
- How: Turn in Auction Entry Form at Project Judging
- Item must be 60% homemade, raised, or in some way created by the exhibitor and must be related to your project. You may only enter 1 item per exhibitor.
|Project Area||Due at Project Judging|
Clothing and Textiles
Sewing Clinics Information - Coming soon for 2022
Come dressed in your total look outfit you plan to wear in the Fashion Review
Completed project book
Fashion Review Narration Form - Style Review - Wednesday, July 12 @ 7pm
Portfolio (3 pronged folder, 1 page for each activity area, see guidelines for more details)
Place setting and table cover
One serving of a food item (from project book)
Printed copy of recipe
A certified instructor will reach out to you with practice times for the 700 level shooting sports projects.
Note: Safe Use of Guns (630) and Basic Archery (631) do not need to meet with an instructor. All other Shooting Sports Projects (750-758) must schedule practice times with a certified instructor to complete their project.
Display: See guidelines for specifics for each project.