In 2023, volunteer training will be offered in a hybrid format with some virtual and some in-person options.
All returning volunteers must must complete annual training. County level opportunities are listed below, in additional to other local, state and national opportunities such as Ohio 4-H Conference. Please contact the Extension office to make alternative arrangements if the county dates offered will not work.
New volunteers must have their applications submitted by February 1st and attend a new volunteer orientation on February 13th (virtual) or 28th (in-person) at 7pm
RETURNING VOLUNTEER TRAININGS
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR 2023:
1. Complete one of the following options (Click here for the document for training requirements AND Online Course Instructions)
- OPTION A: NEW FOR 2023: There will be an Online Course option for volunteers to complete at your own pace to watch video recordings, answer quizzes, etc. (~1 hour of videos total). See the link above for the online course instructions.
- To access the online course, visit go.osu.edu/madcovolunteercourse (direct link: https://cfaesosu.catalog.instructure.com/courses/madison-county-4-h-volunteer-training)
- OPTION B: Live Training (Zoom or In-Person). Must RSVP via email to email@example.com
- February 23 – 7pm – Virtual via Zoom
- March 8 – 6:30pm – Coughlin Building
2. Complete the Minors Policy 1.50 training online in the online course option OR arrive 30 minutes early to any in-person training for in-person Policy 1.50 training
OTHER TRAINING OPTIONS:
- Ohio 4-H Conference - March 11, 2023