In additional to the traditional club program and 4-H projects, Madison County 4-H and OSU Extension offer a variety of programs to conduct in school classrooms, before and after school programs, libraries, community events, etc.
If you would like to request a program, read through the options below and contact Frances Foos, 4-H Extension Educator at email@example.com or 740-852-0975!
4-H Yoga for Kids
- "Yoga for kids is like yoga for adults, but sillier. Practicing yoga with kids should be different from yoga practice with adults in that, instead of quiet and calm, it should be noisy and fun. Yoga is a great way to engage kids in physical activity because it helps improve flexibility, balance, and strength all while being noncompetitive and inexpensive. Some studies have even suggested that practicing yoga can improve a child's attention, relationships, self-esteem, and listening skills."
- Click here for more information about the curriculum!
Real Money, Real World
Real Money. Real World. (RMRW) is a youth-focused financial literacy program from Ohio State University Extension. It can be used with youth ages 12-18, but it is ideally suited for youth ages 13-16. The curriculum is time-tested and has been highly successful because of the creative community efforts of Extension educators, local school teachers, and community volunteers.
Click here to learn more about the curriculum.
- OSU Extension and Ohio 4-H offer a wide variety of STEM based curriculum that can accompany your classroom curriculum and prepare students for the workforce.
- Learn more about Ohio 4-H STEM here
- Click here for the Ohio 4-H STEM Blog with activities and more!
Ag in the Classroom Activities
- Anything from animal agriculture, to Bread in a Bag, dairy science, natural resources, energy, and more!
- All lessons align directly with Ohio Department of Education curriculum standards
- Contact our office to inquire about our curriculum and resources for hatching eggs in your classroom, library, etc.!
- Extension professionals can provide teachers and leaders with materials, eggs, and lessons to teach and can come to your classroom to conduct some programming as well!
- All lessons and activities align directly with Ohio Department of Education curriculum standards
- Learn more about ChickQuest here
Nutrition Education (Blender Bike)
- If you would like to reserve the Blender Bike for an event or school program, contact our office!
- Learn more about the Blender Bike here