Deadline for ALL Madison County youth to complete QA is May 15, 2022
To be eligible for participation in the Madison County Junior Fair, potential youth exhibitors must participate in one of the following Quality Assurance Education Programs. The deadline to complete QA Education for the Madison County Fair is May 15, 2022. Parent participation is required for exhibitors under 16 or first year exhibitors.
4-H & FFA Members in these projects must attend Quality Assurance Education: All Dairy Cattle, Market & Dairy Goats, Breeding Goats, Market & Breeding Rabbits, Beef (Mkt. Steers, Beef Feeders, Breeding Beef), Dairy Feeder Calves, Market and Breeding Swine, Breeding and Market Sheep, all Market and Fancy poultry. Horses, Dogs, Alpacas, Cats, and Cavies do not need to complete QA training.
Please click the link below for the latest 2022 Quality Assurance Information:
- March 21st, 6:30-8:30pm – Della Selsor Building
- March 31st, 6:00-8:00pm – Tolles Tech (Sponsored by ASE Feeds) - Register on their website at: https://www.asefeedandsupply.com/event-details/2022-general-quality-assurance-program-1
- Rabbit Specific: April 18, 6:00-8:00pm - Becks Hybrids
- *NEW MEMBERS: April 20, 6:30-8:30pm – Becks Hybrids
- April 28th, 7:00-8:30pm – Virtually via ZOOM
- May 5th, 7:00-8:30pm – Virtually via ZOOM
- May 12th, 6:30-8:30pm – Coughlin Building
Quality Assurance Test Out Option
A test out option is available for ages 15 and up. Those that pass the test will receive credit for 3 years. Contact Frances Foos, 4-H Educator, at 740-852-0975 or email@example.com to schedule a test date.
Online YQCA Option
For 2022, all youth can take the online YQCA certification. There is a $12 cost with this program. Contact the extension office for more information.
If you or family members have elected to use YQCA’s online platform to complete your QA this year, we have some important updates:
- YQCA will be transitioning to a new platform. They are preparing for the move to the new platform which will launch on March 23, 2022!
What this means for youth that use YQCA to complete their 2022 QA requirement:
- Each youth that has a current and valid certification (taken from October 1, 2021 to now) will need to download their certificate before March 23, 2022.
- Instructions to download your certificate are attached.
- If you plan to use YQCA but haven’t purchased the course, please wait until March 23 when the new platform is launched. A tour of the new and improved online experience can be found here: https://yqcaprogram.org/#web. More information can also be found at their new site: https://yqcaprogram.org/