There are many opportunities available to youth beyond Madison County! There are trips, training events, scholarships, and camps that youth can apply for! There are also numerous boards and councils that you can be a part of.
Be sure to work with your club advisors and officers!
- 4-H Week Window Display Contest - Clubs work with a local business to decorate a window display for 4-H week in March. The 4-H Advisory Committee sponsors cash awards for the top 3 displays.
- Other club level awards and officer positions are available. Check with your club advisors!
County Level Opportunities:
- Camp Counselor/CIT (Counselor-in-Training) - Application due November 2
- Junior Fair Board - Applications due September 1
- Madison County Youth Trip Sponsorship Application - Word Document | Fillable PDF - Due December 1st OR with proper notice before the event to allow time for review and registration
- *Trips are state-opportunties funded by the county
- Madison County 4-H Scholarship (Fillable PDF | Word) - The Madison County 4-H Advisory Committee sponsors two -$500.00 and four- $250.00 scholarships. Applicants must be currently enrolled in the Madison County 4-H program and must be high school seniors or college freshman. This scholarship application is due April 30th.
- Green Range 4-H Club Livestock Scholarship - 2 $500 scholarships are awarded to a senior enrolled in 4-H exhibiting market livestock at the Madison County Fair. The application form and attachments are due by July 1st to the Madison County Extension Office by mail or email to email@example.com.
- To see all of the state boards, councils, and camps available to youth, click here: Ohio 4-H Older Youth Opportunities Chart or check out the county version.
- 2020 Ohio 4-H Achievement Record Application (Word) (PDF) - Due to the county office by January 10th, submitted to the State 4-H office early February
- Find out more information on the achievement record, criteria, and trip by clicking here or contacting our office!
- Ohio 4-H Conference is an excellent opportunity for older youth to meet other teens from across Ohio. This one day event will be held Saturday, March 14 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. The 4-H Advisory Committee and the Madison County Endowment Board pay the registration fee for those teens attending the conference!
- The registration form is due February 10 to the OSU Extension office, Madison County. The registration booklet lists a description of the day's sessions of nearly 150 to choose from.
- For more information and a registration booklet, click here.
- Note: First 5 Madison County teens to register by the date above through the Madison County Extension office are FREE! Sponsorship is being provided by the Madison County Endowment Board.
Other State Opportunities and Events
Younger 4-H youth have opportunities available to them outside the county.
- 4-H Space Camp geared towards youth ages 11-13
- Shooting Sports Camp for members 9-12
- 4-H Science Saturdays for youth in the 3rd to 6th grade who want to discover things by doing!
- Madison County 4-H camp at Camp Clifton. Camp is for youth 8 and in the 3rd grade through graduating 8th graders!
- And many more!